Reviews: OBS Studio Software
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) For Windows, Mac or Linux. Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming.
Open Broadcaster Software, or OBS, is a free and open source solution for offline video recording and live streaming that is Mac and Windows compliant. With an open canvas approach to video creation this tool can mix a variety of audio and video sources to a single output for creative video and broadcast applications.
Is OBS really free? Absolutely! OBS is open-source software developed by volunteer contributors around the world in their free time. OBS is distributed under the GPLv2 license.
How do I record my screen with OBS? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Launch OBS and scroll down to the Sources box.
- Click the tiny plus button to access the options panel and select Screen Capture. …
- Click OK when prompted by pop-ups. …
- Go to Settings and click on Output. …
- Navigate to the bottom-right corner of the screen, and hit the Start Recording button.
OBS has the following system requirements:
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- AMD FX series or Intel i5 2000-series processor (dual or 4-core preferable) or higher DirectX 10 capable graphics card.
- At least 4 GB of RAM (recommended, but not necessary)
Is OBS Studio for PC?
OBS Studio is an on-premise video recording and live-streaming solution that is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux devices. With OBS Studio, users can capture real-time audio and video content.
Leave a Reply