What to eat during the heavy snow festival
It was a snowy solar term. The big one is Sheng Ye, and Xue Sheng Ye; At this time, more and more areas of our country will usher in snow, the temperature will drop after the snow, and the cold will intensify; The temperature in most parts of the north will drop below 0 ℃, south of the Yangtze River The winter tends to be strong in the area; Pay attention to cold and warm, proper tonic, exercise more, often ventilate, and wash frequently.
Marinating meat, playing snowball fights, enjoying snow scenes, and tonic are all folk customs of the heavy snow festival. There is a saying in old Nanjing called “Xiaoxue pickled vegetables, Daxue pickled meat”. At this time, cured products such as bacon, sausages, and salted fish will be hung on the windowsill at the door of every house, forming a beautiful landscape. If it coincides with the heavy snowfall, people will be keen on playing snowball fights and enjoying the snow scene in the icy and snowy fields.
“Small snow entrusts the land, heavy snow seals the river”, the north has a natural landscape of “thousands of miles of ice and thousands of miles of snow drifting”, and the south also has a charming picture of “snowflakes flying in the sky and silver in the sky”. In the heavy snow festival, the ice in the river is frozen, and people can enjoy skating and playing.
“Heavy Snow” is a solar term that reflects the characteristics of the climate. The characteristic of the heavy snow solar term is a significant drop in temperature and an increase in precipitation.  During the heavy snow season, most areas of China have entered winter, and the minimum temperature has dropped to 0°C or below. In areas where the strong cold air fronts and warm and cold air confront each other, heavy snow or even blizzard will fall. At this time, the area of the Yellow River Basin was gradually covered with snow, and farther north, it was snowing heavily. 
The most common thing in the heavy snow festival is to cool down. According to statistics, the month of strong cold air in China is November. After the strong cold air, the average temperature in December in most parts of the north is between -20℃ and -5℃. Frost and strong cold air will also appear in the south. Can often bring snow or blizzard.
What to eat during the heavy snow festival
There is a folk saying: “Winter radish competes with small ginseng.” White radish has high nutritional value and can also help digestion, eliminate dryness and produce body fluid. Daxue made a plate of radish with meat, sweet and delicious, with meat and vegetables with balanced nutrition, which is very suitable for the elderly and children in the family.
Ingredients: white radish, pork 4 taels, ginger onion, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of corn starch, a little salt
- Peel the radishes and cut them into thin slices, then put them in boiling water and cook for 1 minute on medium heat, then blanch the slices of radishes to soften, remember not to overcook them.
- Prepare 3 parts fat and 7 parts lean pork, chop the pork, add oyster sauce, starch, salt, ginger and spring onion, stir well, and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Pick up a piece of radish, put some meat filling in the middle of the radish slice, and gently fold the radish slice in half. Wrap everything and place it on a plate, put it in a pot, and steam over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour the steamed radish water into a bowl, add light soy sauce, mix well, and pour on the steamed radish rolls.
The Daxue solar term has the custom of eating dumplings. Dumplings are a combination of noodles, vegetables, meat and vegetables. They are not only nutritious, but also easy to digest and absorb. To make dumplings, seasonal vegetables are most suitable. Radish dishes are rich in vitamins and meals. Fiber has a unique fragrance, and it is full of flavor when used to make dumpling fillings.
Ingredients: 1 catty radish vegetables, 4 eggs, 4 taels of pork front leg, 4 taels of dumpling skins, appropriate amount of ginger and spring onions, 3 spoons of light soy sauce, 2 spoons of oyster sauce, half a teaspoon of salt
- Rinse the radish vegetables, put them in a soup pot and blanch them with boiling water for half a minute, pick them up and let them pass in cold water, squeeze the water and chop them for later use.
- Chop the ginger, cut the chives, and soak in hot water for 15 minutes. Chop the pork, pour the ginger and spring onion water into the meat 3 times, stir the meat clockwise until the ginger and spring onion water is completely absorbed by the meat.
- Beat the eggs into egg mixture, fry them in a pan and mash them. Mix the minced meat, egg and radish vegetables together, add oyster sauce, light soy sauce and salt, mix well. Wrap the dumplings.
- Boil a pot of water, put the dumplings after the water is boiled, pour a bowl of cold water after the water boils again, pour a bowl of cold water after the water boils again, repeat this 3 times, so that the dumplings will not break easily.
- Put some sesame oil on the plate, put the cooked dumplings in drained water and shake them on the plate to prevent the dumplings from sticking together. Take a bite of fresh and juicy carrot dumplings.
Eight Treasure Congee
The weather is cold during heavy snowfall. Eight kinds of whole grains are used to make a bowl of hot eight-treasure porridge, which can not only invigorate the spleen and stomach, but also resist the cold.
Ingredients: red beans, mung beans, peanuts, longans, lotus seeds, wheat, glutinous rice, black rice, brown sugar
Method: Except longan and brown sugar, soak other dried beans and lotus seeds and peanuts together for 2 hours. Put the soaked ingredients into the pot, add 5 times the water, boil on high heat, turn to low heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, then add longan and continue to cook for 15 minutes, and finally add brown sugar or rock sugar to taste.
Winter is a good season to eat glutinous rice balls. Glutinous rice is rich in nutrients, sweet and warm, and can nourish the body’s righteousness. The glutinous rice balls made with glutinous rice are most suitable for consumption in winter.
Ingredients: 150 glutinous rice flour, 90 grams of warm water, appropriate amount of red dates, 2 pieces of brown sugar
- Put glutinous rice flour into a large bowl, add appropriate amount of warm water, do not use cold water, the dough kneaded in cold water is easy to crack. Knead the glutinous rice flour into a soft, non-cracking dough.
- After removing the pits of the red dates, put them in a blender, add a little water and stir them into a pureed jujube, and stir-fry them in a non-stick pan until the water is dry and the pureed jujube forms a mass.
- Knead the glutinous rice dough into strips, then divide them into small flours of the desired size, knead and flatten them, wrap them in the jujube paste, and close them until they are rounded.
- Boil a pot of water, boil the glutinous rice balls until the glutinous rice balls float, and finally add an appropriate amount of brown sugar to melt.
There is a saying in old Beijing that “Daxue wonton summer solstice noodles”. Human body resistance is weak in winter. Beef, seaweed and pleurotus eryngii are used to make wonton filling. It is delicious and juicy, delicious and nutritious, very suitable for children to eat.
Ingredients: 1 Pleurotus eryngii, 2 taels of beef, half a packet of dried seaweed without sand, appropriate amount of ginger, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cut Pleurotus eryngii into small pieces, put it in a pot and cook for 1 minute, then pick up the squeezing water and chop for later use. Soak the seaweed and squeeze the dried water and chop for later use.
- Chop the beef, add pleurotus eryngii and seaweed, add oyster sauce, salt and pepper, mix well. Wrap the wontons in a familiar way
- When cooking wontons, bring the water to a boil. After the water boils, turn to high heat, and then cook the wontons until they float.
- Put sesame oil, light soy sauce and a little salt in a bowl, then pour a tablespoon of boiling wonton soup, add the cooked wontons, and finally sprinkle some chopped green onions.
If you don’t eat sheep in winter, it’s not a supplement. Mutton is rich in nutrients. It has higher calories than beef and 6 times the iron content of pork. Let the body warm up quickly.
Ingredients: 350g leg of lamb, 1 white radish, 8~10 horseshoes, 7 red dates, 3~5 longans, 2 pieces of angelica, a little ginger, salt, coriander
- Rinse the lamb, soak it in clean water for half an hour to remove the blood, boil water in a pot, add the lamb and cook for 2 minutes, pick it up and rinse with hot water for later use.
- Peel the horseshoe for use. After peeling the white radish, cut the hob into pieces. Put the horseshoe and radish to make the mutton soup tonic but not dry. Rinse the angelica and red dates and soak them in water for later use.
- Put a little oil in the pot, pour ginger and stir fry until fragrant, then add the mutton and stir fry for 1 minute, pour in some hot water and boil on high heat, then transfer the mutton and the soup into the casserole.
- Put the horseshoe, red dates, longan and angelica in a casserole and cook for 50 minutes on low heat. After cooking for 50 minutes, add the radish cubes and continue to cook for 20 minutes. Finally, sprinkle a handful of coriander and add a little salt.