What does spring plowing specifically do?
Plowing in spring, plow the land before planting in spring. After the beginning of spring, spring plowing is about to begin. In some areas of China, the custom of trial plowing has been passed down. However, due to the differences in the environment and natural conditions in various places, the methods and times of traditional production of spring plowing are also different.
In ancient China, the country was founded on agriculture, and agriculture emphasized seasonality. Spring ploughing, summer hard work, autumn harvest, and winter storage all depend on the season. The change of season can only be judged by the general public based on the change of phenology, and wizards with astronomical knowledge can use the observation of celestial phenomena to determine.
Ancient observations were usually carried out when the sky was just dark (called “faint seeing”). The star to be observed was called the “fire”, and the western astronomical term was Scorpio a. When the ancient “fire” star fainted, it happened to be on the vernal equinox. On this day, the fire observed that the big Mars was located in the middle of the south, so it announced to the people that the vernal equinox had arrived and it was time for spring plowing and planting. The ancestors of the Chu people probably served as the ancient fire king. This is the origin of the name of God Rong and the first duty of Huozheng.
“When it comes to the Jingzhe Festival, the hoe will not stop.” When it comes to the Jingzhe, most of China has entered the busy season of spring ploughing. The season waits for no one, and a moment is worth a thousand dollars. In most areas, the average temperature of the Jingzhe solar terms is generally 12°C to 14°C, which is more than 3°C higher than the rain solar terms. It is the solar term with the fastest temperature rise throughout the year. The number of sunshine hours has also increased significantly. However, the weather is unstable and the temperature fluctuates greatly because of the alternating cold and warm air.
In the Yangtze River Valley in southeastern South China, the temperature has stabilized above 12°C during the shock period in most years, which is conducive to the planting of rice and corn. In other regions, there are often low temperatures with daily average temperatures below 12°C for more than 3 consecutive days. broadcast. Although Jingzhe’s temperature rises rapidly, the increase in rainfall is limited.
The total amount of rainfall during the stinging period in central and northwestern South China is only about 10 millimeters. After the perennial winter is dry, spring droughts often begin to emerge. At this time, wheat booting and rape blossoming are in the period when more water is needed, and they are sensitive to water requirements. Spring drought often becomes an important factor affecting the yield of the early spring.
Tree planting and afforestation should also consider this climate feature. After planting, it is necessary to water diligently and strive to increase the survival rate of saplings. Spring thunders will cause all insects. Warm weather conditions are conducive to the occurrence and spread of many diseases and insects. Weeds in the field have also sprouted one after another. Therefore, timely prevention and control of diseases and insects and cultivating weeds should be done in time. “Peach blossoms, swine fever is coming”, epidemic prevention of poultry and livestock has also attracted attention.
Spring Plowing Taboo
- Insoluble phosphate fertilizers such as phosphate rock powder and bone meal cannot be mixed with alkaline fertilizers such as plant ash, lime ammonia and lime. Otherwise, it will neutralize the organic acids in the soil, making insoluble phosphate fertilizers more difficult to dissolve, and crops cannot absorb and utilize them.
- Alkaline fertilizers such as calcium magnesium phosphate fertilizers cannot be mixed with ammonium ammonia fertilizers. Because the mixed application of alkaline fertilizers and ammonium ammonia fertilizers such as ammonium sulfate, ammonium bicarbonate, and ammonium chloride will cause and increase the volatilization loss of ammonia and reduce fertilizer efficiency.
- Farmyard manure such as human and animal manure cannot be mixed with alkaline fertilizers such as calcium magnesium phosphate fertilizer, plant ash, lime and so on. Because the main component of human and animal excrement is nitrogen, if it is mixed with a strong alkaline fertilizer, it will neutralize and become ineffective.
- Chemical fertilizers cannot be mixed with bacterial fertilizers such as rhizobia fertilizer. Because chemical fertilizer has strong corrosiveness, volatility and water absorption, if it is mixed with bacterial fertilizer, it will kill or inhibit living bacteria and make the fertilizer ineffective.
- Ammonia cannot be mixed with human feces, plant ash, potash fertilizer, ammonium phosphate, potassium chloride, urea, ammonium bicarbonate, etc. Ammonium bicarbonate can not be mixed with plant ash, human feces and potash fertilizer. Ammonium sulfate cannot be mixed with plant ash and ammonium bicarbonate. Ammonium nitrate cannot be mixed with plant ash, ammonia water, etc. If the above-mentioned fertilizers are applied in combination, they will cause acid-base neutralization reactions and reduce fertilizer efficiency.
- Superphosphate can not be mixed with alkaline fertilizers such as plant ash, lime nitrogen and lime. Because superphosphate contains free acid, it presents an acid reaction, while the above alkaline fertilizers contain more calcium. If the two are used in combination, it will cause acid-base reactions, reduce fertilizer efficiency, and cause calcium to fix phosphorus, causing “both loses”. .
Spring Plowing Poems
There are many poems describing spring ploughing in ancient and modern China and abroad. For example, Yao Nai’s “Mountain Walk” is a busy and lively picture of spring plowing: “Cuckoo Feifei persuades early plowing, spring hoe pounces to take advantage of the early sunshine. Thousand-story stone trees pass through the road, all the way to the paddy field with the sound of water.”
Wei Yingwu said in “Guantian Family Poems”: “When the rain is light, all the flowers are new, and the thunder starts to sting, how many days can the Tian family be idle? From then on farming.” Shepherds in the rain.” Spring thunders, drizzle, new vegetation, village children rain and shepherd, farmers sow seeds, and sow hope for a year.