The Long Ballad (2021) 長歌行
The Long Ballad (2020)
Other Title: 長歌行, Long Songs, 长歌行, Chang Ge Xing , Song of the Long March , Princess Changge , Princess Chang Ge , 長歌行
Genres: drama, period, Action, Historical, Romance, Wuxia
Director: Zhu Ruibin
Writer: Chang Jiang, Pei Yu Fei (裴雨飞)
Network: Tencent Video
Release Date: Mar 31, 2021
Related Show: Chang Ge Xing (长歌行) by Xia Da (夏达)
- Dilireba as Li Changge (Princess Yong Ning. Daughter of Crown Prince Li Jiancheng and the royalty of Uyghur tribe.)
- Wu Lei as Ashina Sun (Adopted Son of Quētèqín, the Khagan. An Eastern Turkic Khaganate General, in charge of the Eagle Division. He is is known for his military prowess, having been undefeatable on the battlefield.)
- Liu Yu Ning as Hao Du (An assassin. Du Ruhui’s subordinate and confidant. He is tasked to track Li Changge; as well as collect intelligence and eliminate any possible source of threat to the kingdom. Li Leyan’s lover.)
- Zhao Lu Si as Li Leyan (Li Shimin’s daughter, Li Changge’s cousin. Hao Du’s lover.)
- Fang Yi Lun as Wei Shuyu (Wei Zheng’s son. Li Changge and Li Leyan’s childhood friend. He has a crush on Li Changge, after being saved by her when she was young.)
- Yi Da Qian as Mu Jin, Ashina Sun’s confidant. General of Turkic.
- Jin Song as Khagan, Ashina Sun’s foster father.
- Wa Er as Ashina She’er, little Khagan of Turkic. Nephew of Khagan. Ashina Sun’s enemy
- Gao Lin Yu as young Ashina She’er
- Zhang Hao Zhe as Ya Luo, Ashina Sun’s subordinate. Brave warrior of the Yan Han Tribe.
- Yang Ming Na as Madame Yi Cheng, Princess of the fallen Sui Kingdom. Ashina She’er’s mother
- as Madame Jin Se, Yi Cheng’s attendant. Ashina She’er’s advisor
- Jiang Xiao Lin as Su Yi’er, member of the tribe
The story tells the story of Yongning County lord Li Changge who disguised himself as a man and wanted to avenge her homeland during the Zhenguan period. – – – Li Changge’s family was murdered by Li Shimin, the Emperor of Tang, during the Xuanwu Gate Incident. She heads to Shuo Province under the guise of a man with hopes of raising an army to kill Li Shimin to avenge her family’s death. However, as a captain of the army of Shuo Province in Zhangzhou, she loses a siege by the Eastern Turkic Khaganate General Ashina Sun, who takes her to serve him as a personal military strategist.
In the 9th year of Tang Wude, the inner court changed. Li Changge (played by Di Lieba), the lord of Yongning County, escaped by chance and went to Youzhou for help. On the way, Chang Ge ran into the prairie tribe Special Qin Ashinafalcon (played by Wu Lei) who was aliased as Qin Zhun. Li Changge was exposed as a princess in a conspiracy to smash in Youzhou, and went to Shuozhou to avoid disaster. She hid beside Sun Heng, the prefect of Shuozhou, to help him resist the invasion of the grassland forces, but she did not expect that the enemy general Asina Falcon was her old knowledge Qin Zhun.
Changge was shocked and distressed, and resisted Ashina Falcon. However, the lone city of Shuozhou eventually fell. Chang Ge was willing to become a prisoner of war and was taken to the grassland, but unexpectedly learned that the Great Khan had other ambitions. Changge decided to temporarily set aside his personal vengeance and tried to break the situation with his own risk. Unexpectedly, he fell into the dead. Ashina Falcon did not hesitate to fight against the Great Khan in order to save Changge.
Changge went into exile, experienced the troubled times, and gradually understood the invincibility of the benevolent, and finally let go of personal grievances. After discovering that the former Sui forces were behind the incident, Li Changge and Ashinafalcon joined forces to protect the peace between Datang and the grasslands. The two finally recognized their feelings for each other and joined hands in the crisis.