Wu Assassins 五行刺客 (2019)
Wu Assassins (2019)
Other Title: 五行刺客
Genres: Action fiction, Crime Fiction, Martial arts, Occult Fiction
Country: United States
Writer: John Wirth, Tony Krantz
Release Date: August 8, 2019
- Iko Uwais as Kai Jin, an aspiring chef who learns he is the Wu Assassin with a great and violent destiny.
- Katheryn Winnick as Christine “C.G.” Gavin, an undercover cop caught in the middle of a gang war that’s breaking out in Chinatown.
- Byron Mann as Uncle Six.
- Lewis Tan as Lu Xin Lee, a suave, fierce intelligent leader who owns and operates his own custom garage a la West Coast Customs and runs a car theft ring for the Triad.
- Tommy Flanagan as Alec McCullough, an international crime boss with a mysterious interest in San Francisco’s Chinatown.
- Tzi Ma as Mr. Young, a kindly Chinatown grocer and a mentor to Kai.
- Lawrence Kao as Tommy Wah, a drug addict seeking redemption and someone who is passed over by his parents in favor of his younger sister who runs the family business.
- Celia Au as Ying Ying, a quirky, but wise young woman who assists Kai Jin in his mission.
- Li Jun Li as Jenny Wah, a confident young businesswoman with an MBA.
Five-line Assassin’s story introduction: It is about the fact that San Francisco Chinatown chef Jin Kai (played by Uyes) became a descendant of the “Wumen Assassin” and was involved in the struggle between righteousness and evil for many years.
Wu Assassins follows the story of “Kai Jin, a young Chinatown chef in present day San Francisco, as he becomes entangled with the Chinese Triad’s pursuit of deadly ancient powers known as the ‘Wu Xing.’ After an encounter with a mystical spirit, Kai reluctantly becomes the Wu Assassin, using his enhanced martial arts skills to recover supernatural powers from five modern day criminals threatening to use them to destroy the world.